January Release Notes
Fresh out the oven, check out what's new in Vitally
Custom Objects allow you to personalize and enhance your Vitally experience with information that is important to you (e.g., specific data from Jira, HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.). With this latest update, you can now trigger automated, real-time activities using data from Custom Objects!
Example Use Cases:
- A Salesforce Opportunity status is changed to “Closed Won” --> create an onboarding Task
- A Zendesk ticket is created --> create a Task for the CSM to follow up
- A JIRA ticket is closed --> send an email to notify the customer
Custom Object automation opens up a new world of customization within Vitally, allowing you to save time, work more efficiently, and tailor automation exactly to your business needs.
Use Custom Object data to trigger a variety of Playbook actions.
You can now calculate basic rollup stats to your Accounts/Organizations using the "Update a Trait" action in Playbooks. Once you've selected a Number Trait, you can then choose amongst the Trait Value options: Set to a fixed value, Increment trait (count upwards), or Decrement trait (count backwards).
- For example, say you sync your Salesforce cases into Vitally. You can trigger a Playbook off of 'High' priority cases created over the last 30 days. To do this, you can increment an Account Trait that tracks the "Number of High priority cases (last 30 days)."
- You could also track the number of Jira tickets created by a customer over the last 30 days by using Custom Object triggers and the "Update a Trait" action.
In addition to Custom Objects, we added the functionality to trigger automation off of Notes!
Create automated workflows based off of a variety of Notes.
Example Use Cases:
- When a Note with a 'QBR' category is created, create a Task to "Schedule a new QBR" in 90 days and email the customer thanking them for attending the QBR
- When a Note with a 'Meeting' tag is created within the last 30 days, increment an Account Trait titled "Number of Meetings (last 30 days)"
- Track the number of Notes created with a category over a timeframe (this can also be done with the new ability to increment a Trait in a Playbook)
- Sync Note updates to a data warehouse (coming soon with Webhook support)
To provide an even more integrated and seamless experience, we've released the ability to embed custom Organization and Account Cards in Docs. With Cards, you can easily share real-time information about how your customer's business is doing and reinforce the value they are receiving from your product.
When creating a Card, you can choose to display Current Column Values (e.g., plan info, health scores, custom objects, etc.) or 30-Day Trend Graphs (show performance over the last 30 days).
Quickly embed an existing Card or create a new Card on the fly.
Clear comment threads within Docs by simply clicking the resolve checkmark "✓" symbol on a comment. To view all of your closed and resolved comment threads, click the comment icon on the top right corner.
We've rolled out a number of updates for Conversations at the Organization level (with more improvements coming soon)! You can now:
- Send Conversations for Organizations using the main "Start a Conversation" slide out, and can send to Organization Owners, All Organization Users, and Specific Users
- Select multiple Organizations and start Conversations with them in bulk
- Send an email for an Organization to an email stored in an Organization trait
We've updated our HubSpot integration to allow you to sync HubSpot Custom Objects to Vitally! Now, you can bring in additional data points (e.g., Deal information) for visibility. Additionally, you can use Playbooks to trigger automated actions to occur based on these Custom Object data points.
Navigate to your Settings -> Data Management -> Integrations to configure the HubSpot Custom Object sync.
- Team members without Admin access can no longer make Dashboards and Views Public. If a non-Admin wants to change a Dashboard or View from Private to Public, they simply need to share the Dashboard with an Admin user who can then make it Public.
- By default, all users can export data from Vitally. Now, Admin users have the ability to configure which roles (Admins, Team Members, and/or Observers) can export data. To do this, navigate to Settings -> Organization Settings -> Security.
We've improved the UI for marking Custom Traits in Note Templates. This should make it easier and more clear when marking Custom Traits as required or not required. Now, each Custom Trait has an ellipsis menu on the right hand side. Once you've clicked this and marked it as Required, the Custom Trait name will have a red asterisk.
You can now sync your Rudderstack groups, users, and product events to Vitally in real time with our Rudderstack integration! This feature is currently in Beta, so please reach out to our Support team or your CSM to be added.
Quickly access a Note for a particular account by using Vitally’s global search function. On the top left search bar, input the name of a Note subject (e.g., Success Plan, Kickoff Call, etc.). Then, simply select the account’s Note from your results and continue to have a productive, stress-free day.
Now, you can send bulk emails to your users in Vitally without the preset limitations of your email client. Unlimited power! To toggle on the Sendgrid integration, navigate to Settings -> Data Management -> Integrations.