Document important notes and ongoings for your accounts
Notes help you document the ongoings at an account, and Vitally's flexible Notes feature helps you ensure your team documents all calls, meetings, on-site, and more that happen with your customers.
To leave a note for an account in Vitally, either:
- 1.Click the blue + button in the top left or Use the
Tab + Nshortcut
- 2.Navigate to Notes on the bottom left of the panel, click on Create New on the top left
- 3.Or within an Account, click the pencil button on the top left
This will open a form that sits on top of the rest of the Vitally UI, allowing you to navigate the UI while you write your note.
To select a predefined template follow these steps:
- 1.Once you're in your note, select a template from the right-hand menu (All Templates, My Templates Uncategorized, Categorized)
- 2.You can also create a new template on the top right by clicking Create Template
- 3.Add the account this is for, participants, attachments, etc.
- 4.You can also view Account information by clicking on the tab with the Account name next to "templates".
If you close the form and re-open, your work is persisted, so feel free to close it out if you need to access the full Vitally UI 😉.
Remember to add participants to your notes so you can find the note within the User otherwise you will only find the note in the Account!
Note templates allow you to create a standard to Customer Success process when creating Notes. Streamlining the documentation process for customer calls, meetings, or any other type of note allows you and your team to be efficient.
Note Templates walk through
- 1.To get started, navigate to your Settings (⚙️) at the bottom left of the left panel
- 2.Click on Notes under Activity towards the bottom of the left panel (or get there via Quick Jump).
- 3.Click on Note Templates
- 4.Click on New Template on the top right
- 5.Select whether you want this template to be private or public
- 6.You can now add in all your information for the Note Template like
- Note subject
- Template name
- Template description
- Note traits
- NEW! You can also make these required.
- 7.Click Create Template when done
- 1.Using the command /, type out "task" or select from the dropdown that appears
- 2.Press enter on your keyboard
- 3.Type out your task
- 4.By continuing to press enter, you can add more than 1 task
- 5.Once you're done creating your task(s), press enter again on your keyboard to get out of that command
Embedded Tasks will be automatically assigned to the note creator, not the template creator.
When writing a note, you have a handful of options to ensure your team's notes are nice and organized.
- Category - A note can belong to a single category. These are often used to log the 'type' of communication that's occurred - e.g. note, call, onsite, etc. You have full control over what your team can select here. Open the Quick Jump window and search for "Categories" to manage your note categories (or go to the Notes section of your account settings).
- User participants - Next to the account select is the ability to tag specific users at the account that should be associated to the note.
- Tags - Below the note text field is the ability to add any number of additional tags to associate to the note.
In Vitally, you can view all notes created by your team via the Notes page.
Additionally, when on an account's dashboard, the Notes tab there lists just notes for that account.
In both views, you have the ability to filter notes by all your Note columns - e.g. category, tags, participants, etc - as well as by any of your Account columns. Like all You can also create saved Views here, allowing you to persist a specific view of Notes and easily revisit it later.
Want to get a specific teammate's attention? Simply @ mention them, and we'll send them an in-app, email, and Slack notification (if they have each enabled).