Comment on page
Manage your customer projects where you manage your customers.
Vitally's Projects feature allows you to create, manage, and track your customer projects - e.g. a collection of tasks aimed to help a customer reach some goal. Projects provide you with a wealth of project management features so that you can confidently and collaboratively manage your customer work throughout the customer lifecycle.
Practically, Projects are meant to provide you with an ordered sequence of tasks and milestones to complete for a specific customer. All tasks within a Project are simply Vitally Tasks, and can be viewed/reported on the same as your existing tasks. Within a project, they can be grouped together in order to form Milestones. Vitally will calculate a completion percentage next to each Milestone, based on the number of tasks that have been completed within it.
- Data Integration
- User Training
- QBR planning
- CSM and/or champion change process
Projects come with the ability to create your own custom templates, categories, and statuses. To configure these options, navigate to the Projects page from the Settings tab.
Just click "Projects" from the settings tab
Project templates allow you to create custom, pre-made projects for any customer project scenario. Once you've created a template, you can either create a template-based project at the click of a button, or trigger it from a Playbook.
To create a project from a saved template, simply navigate to the Projects Explorer and select Create New. When prompted, select the account you wish to start a project for, and then select the template you'd like to apply.
Project statuses give you the ability to track the state of a project through its lifecycle. You can even create your own statuses to meet your tracking requirements.
There are 3 types of project statuses in Vitally:
- Active projects are projects that are yet to be completed. This includes projects that should be worked but may be blocked at the moment.
- Your project will automatically be set to your default "active" status after the first task has been completed.
- Inactive projects are projects that are not complete, but have otherwise been abandoned and no further work is required.
- Complete projects are those that have been successfully completed, and no further work is required.
- When all tasks in a project have been completed, the project will automatically be set to your default "complete" status.
- If you "un-complete" a task or add a new task to a "complete" project, the status will be returned to the default "active" status.
To create a new Project Status, navigate to Project Statuses from the Projects settings page.
From the Project Overview tab, you can:
- Define the project description
- Set or change the project owner
- Set or change the start date
- Set or change the end date
- Set or change the project category
- Add an attachment to the project.
To change the order of the tasks or milestones in your project, simply click and drag on the left side of the item you wish to move.
Like other activity objects in Vitally, you can create customized views of all your Projects. You can control which Project-related columns you want to see, as well as apply Project and Account level filters to highlight specific subsets of Projects.
Here's the list of columns that you can find in the Project explorer:
Q: What is Duration in Projects? A: Duration for a project is the length of time between its "actual start date" (ie. moves into an "active" stage) and "actual completion date" (ie. moves to a "complete" stage). This can be changed by admins.