Comment on page
Import Organization, Account, User, and NPS data via CSV Upload
- Organizations and organization traits
- Accounts and account traits
- Users and user traits
- NPS responses
If you have any other types of data that you would like our help importing into your Vitally account, please contact our support team via the in-app chat, and we'd be happy to evaluate your request.
Depending on the import type, you must include a couple of required columns on your CSV and the traits you wish to update or create. View the different requirements and formats below:
- Organization External ID
Additional Traits: Include columns for any additional Organization traits you would like to update or create.
- Account External ID
Additional Traits: Include columns for any additional Account traits you would like to update or create.
Linking to an Organization (requires Account Hierarchy): You can link your Accounts to a parent Organization by mapping the column that contains your Organization's External ID. Note that if Vitally does not find that Organization in our system the Account will still be created but not linked to an Organization
- User External ID
Additional Traits Include columns for any additional User traits you would like to update or create.
- Survey ID
- NPS Score
- User External ID
Survey ID must be a unique ID
For new traits that do not yet exist in Vitally, you can create the custom Vitally Trait right within the CSV Upload tool.
- 1.Follow all the steps above on CSV: How to Upload up until step 7
- 2.Type in the name of the trait as you would like it displayed in Vitally
- 3.Select the new name at the top of the trait selector
- 4.Once done mapping all your traits, select SAVE AND IMPORT
- Any CSV Columns that have the Vitally Trait field left empty will be ignored and excluded from the import.
- 5.Once you upload all the values in your CSV will be uploaded to the new trait
Q: Is there a limit on how many rows I can upload in a CSV? A: There isn't a limit on how many rows but there is a file size limit of 100mb.
Q: Can I null traits? A: No, you can not remove values from any trait.
Q: I want to append values to a multi select trait via a CSV A: At this time when uploading a csv with a value for a multi select it will replace the current value. As a workaround you can use playbooks. If you update a multi select trait, it doesn't replace, it appends. Another workaround would be to add all values wanted in the multi select trait with the formatting stated above of multi-value: