Comment on page
Sync your Zendesk organizations, end users, and tickets to Vitally with our Zendesk integration
What a Zendesk ticket looks like in Vitally
Vitally's Zendesk integration can be used to sync the following Zendesk data into Vitally in real time:
- Tickets - Vitally can import your Zendesk tickets into Vitally as threaded conversations (including internal Notes!).
- Users - Vitally can import your Zendesk end users and any custom traits associated with them into Vitally as users.
- Accounts - Vitally can import your Zendesk organizations and any custom traits associated with them into Vitally as accounts.
- Ticket Fields - Vitally can import the Zendesk ticket fields you want to pull in to Vitally
You can import both users and account data from Zendesk, and the configuration process is the same for both!
- Sync time
- Create vs Update on Accounts and Users
- Choose create and/or update
- Which objects the integrations can sync in:
- Accounts (= Organizations)
- User (= End Users)
- Import Filters (trait level filters)
- No for End Users but yes for Organizations
- Bi directional: yes or no
- Data out (natively in vitally and pushing out to other platforms)
- How is link established
- External ID or look up trait
- Historical data
- Import tickets from last 30 days
- Can I disable/delete data via the integration page?
- Disable and delete
Once you grant access to your Zendesk account, two things occur to ensure we track your Zendesk tickets as conversations in Vitally:
- 1.We'll import your most recent Zendesk tickets on initial connection: Once you connect your Zendesk account, we'll historically import tickets from the last 30 days and sync those into Vitally.
- 2.We'll listen for new Tickets moving forward: We'll listen for tickets associated with your existing users and accounts in Vitally. When one is found that matches an existing record, it will be added to Vitally as a conversation and linked to the corresponding user and account.
Furthermore, we'll sync data about any users and accounts (optional) to their corresponding records in Vitally.
Vitally pulls in the following details about your Zendesk tickets and attaches them to the created conversation in Vitally:
- The original ticket and all replies are pulled in as a threaded conversation
- The user that created the ticket and any teammate(s) assigned to the ticket
- The ticket's status in Zendesk (e.g. open vs closed)
- All statuses besides closed (on hold, pending, etc) will display as open in Vitally.
- The ticket's rating in Zendesk (if left by the user)
Q: Can I add multiple instances of Zendesk? A: No, currently you can only connect 1 instance.
Q: Can you reply to Zendesk Tickets in Vitally? A: No, it's a one-way sync.
Q: Can I sync all ticket fields to Vitally? A: Yes! Users can now map in new native Zendesk ticket fields into Vitally. The new fields supported are:
- Assignee email
- Assignee ID
- Group ID
- Submitter ID
Q: Are there any cases where we support syncing a Conversation that does not have a customer attached? A: No, the ZD ticket must include the email address of an end user (your customer). An email address for a vitally user, but no end user (your customer), would be dropped.