'Enriched' accounts and traits with Clearbit
Vitally's native integration with Clearbit adds dozens of helpful data points to your trials and customers (see below for a full list). Like all data points tracked for your accounts, you can use our powerful filtering capabilities to filter accounts using these new fields. Using our trial qualification feature, you can also use Clearbit's data to auto-identify new trials in your target market.
Enabling the Clearbit integration
Enabling the Clearbit integration simply requires an active Clearbit account and access to your Clearbit (secret) API key. Once you have that, navigate to the Vitally Integrations Catalog (accessed via your Settings) and select the Clearbit integration.
From there, simply input your Clearbit account's secret API key in the input field. Click Enable Clearbit when done, and we'll automatically enrich your current and future Vitally accounts with Clearbit data!
Clearbit traits added to your accounts
If your Vitally account has enabled the Clearbit integration, then as Vitally tracks your accounts, we'll automatically 'enrich' each with these traits:
Location (for the customer's headquarters)
- Dollar amount of capital raised
- Annual revenue (available for public companies only)
- Estimated annual revenue (within a range)
- Market cap
- Number of Employees
- Number of Employees (within a range)
- Alexa rank (global)
- Alexa rank (US)
- Twitter handle
- Number of Twitter followers
- Number of Twitter following
- Facebook handle
- Number of Facebook likes
Industry & Company information
- Company type (i.e. public, private, non-profit, etc)
- Sector, Industry group, Industry, and Sub-Industry (see this for a complete list)
- Year the company was founded
- Tags (see this for a complete list)
- A list of technology used by the company (see this for a complete list)
Note that we cannot guarantee that every account will be accurately enriched with these traits. When attempting to enrich an account with Clearbit, we follow this process:
- First, we look for a
websitetrait in the account's traits. If you want to improve the likelihood that we'll enrich your accounts accurately, track this trait alongside your accounts via your preferred analytics service.
- We'll then look for the most common email domain used by the account's users. If we can determine the email domain is valid (i.e. not a free one like Gmail), we'll use that to enrich the account.
- Last, we'll attempt to enrich the account using their name.
Next up: Use these enriched traits to setup Trial Qualification and/or create Opportunity Indicators for companies that show significant promise for upsells and expansions!