Customer conversations in Vitally
Vitally provides the ability to track your customer conversations alongside your customers' product usage, subscription details, and other important data. Let's see how that works in Vitally!
How conversations are structured
Conversations in Vitally are tracked as threads when possible. In other words, a conversation consists of multiple messages sent to and from your customer.
For each conversation, Vitally will track:
- All participants, including which users at the customer and members from your team have sent or received a message
- The total number of messages
- The last time a message was sent/received
Locating customers based on the last time a conversation took place
As Vitally receives messages sent to or from customers, we update one of two timestamps for the customer:
- Last received message - the last time the customer sent your team a message in any conversation.
- Last sent message - the last time your team sent the customer a message in any conversation.
Naturally, these timestamps can be used as columns & filters when running customer reports in Vitally.
Viewing conversations and messages in Vitally
The main place to view your customer conversations in Vitally is on a customer's dashboard (see the new Conversations tab).
Additionally, when viewing a specific user at a customer, you'll see a new Messages tab showing all messages sent to or from that user. The same is also true when viewing a team member's Vitally profile.
Tracking your customer conversations in Vitally
At the moment, there are 2 main ways to sync your customer conversations into Vitally:
- Enable our Gmail integration
- Use our Zapier integration to track customer messages from your support tool(s)
We'll be adding native integrations to other messaging tools in the near future (e.g. Intercom). If you have a request for a native integration to a specific tool, or you'd like to send conversations directly to Vitally via our API, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.